Energy Efficient Windows
…the simple way to energy saving
The windows in your property not only bring light and ventilation into the home they can also be a major cause of heat loss, resulting in increased energy bills. Research proves that by installing energy efficient windows in your property energy bills can be substantially reduced, with potential savings in excess of £150 a year.
Energy rated windows are exactly what they say –
How does it work?
The logic is very simple. The window frame is manufactured to eliminate draughts through the window and the frame itself is manufactured using extrusions that reduce heat loss. When the frame is combined with an accredited double glazed unit the two combined work together.
- The outer pane of glass increases the heat gain from the sun.
- The inner pane of glass reduces heat loss from the room.
- A warm edge spacer bar reduces any cold spots.
The result, increased solar heat gain, reduced heat loss = lower heating bills.
What do ‘Energy Ratings’ mean?
Fairview windows are B-rated as standard. This far, exceeds the Minimum standard required by Building Regulations.
- The highest industry rating – available as an optional upgrade with Fairview.
- Fairview’s standard rating.
- Energy Saving trust recommended Standard.
- Building Regulations requirement for replacement windows in Scotland.
- Building regulations requirement for replacement windows in England And Wales.
A ‘Higher Standard’ from Fairview
We’re proud that our ‘standard window’ is very high on the list. Which means when you buy our windows you will be adding value to your home, you’ll also be saving money long into the future.